1948 Harley-Davidson Bobber Custom
The left side case is actually 1970 - not '83 and that's not the real mileage.
• Bike has very few miles on it.
• 1983 Is when I first built the bike and titled it in texas.
• The engine is a 74 inch "FL"
• There is an alternator in the left case (I incorrectly stated there was a generator)
• 12 volt electrical system
• The cases are mismatched - The throttle side case is 1948 and the other case is 1983
• Front and Rear wheels are tubeless spoked rims
• 4-speed ratchet lid transmission
• VDL belt drive
• Headlight glass is from John Deere Tractor
The original builder built the '48 from all Harley-Davidson parts. He wanted a true Bobber that was a mish-mash of parts similar to what would have been customized after World War II. He wanted the old-school vibe but also something that would stop and also be able to ride safely at night. He remembered the 1989 Sturgis Drinking permit and I think he wants it back!
4-speed Ratchet type transmission
Tank Shift with "suicide" clutch works correctly
Bottom end has been modified from 1983 Harley with a newer generator and electrics
Air Cleaner was originally a HD siren
S&S super carburator on left side