$30,000

Stock No: #14213
Make Jaguar
Model E-Type XKE
Year 1964
Fuel Gasoline
Condition
Mileage
Country United States
Region LA
City Kenner
Zip 70062
Description
The car was rusty in the usual places, minor in the footwells and major in the rockers. The rest of the body was in very good shape. I stripped and epoxy primed and disassembled the car, braced it and put the body on a rotisserie. After minor continuous welded repairs to the inner sills and new footwell pans, I installed a 1x3x1/8 rectangular tubing subframe along the inner sills and through the front and rear crossmembers. It ties the front engine subframe mounts to the pickups for the rear trailing arms. I greatly strengthens the car and is absolutely undetectable. After the metal work was done, I spent forever blocking the car straight. I then painted it with single stage acrylic urethane in its original off white color. The rotisserie enabled the underside to end up as clean as the rest of the body. After cutting and polishing I reassembled the car. The bumpers, some small parts and window frames were rechromed. All the original glass was in good condition and was reused. Mechanically, the car was very complete and original. The large parts are numbers matching. The ancillary components are properly date coded. I had the motor rebuilt. It showed very little wear, reinforcing the 34000 miles being original. I diassembled, inspected and resealed the differential and the transmission- more on that later. The carbs, starter and generator were cleaned and rebuilt. I installed a new in tank fuel pump. The original radiator was suspect, so I had a new aluminum one with an electric fan made. All new hoses and a new SS header tank were put on. I was able to re use many of the original Cheney hose clamps. The original radiator, shroud and fan will go with the car. All the parts on the car were sandbasted, primed and repainted. The suspension was rebuilt and rebushed. The brake hydraulic parts were rebuilt. The master cylinders still have the plastic zip tie gizmos with the part numbers on them. New rotors, pads and cu-nickel lines, of course. A new stainless steel duplicate of the original exhaust was installed. It sounds great! I bought 4 new Dayton SS wire wheels, Vredestein 185x15 tires and tubes and new knockoffs. There is an original ww with a Goodyear tire for a spare. I sourced the correct jack, handle and a real Thor hammer, The bag for it isn't as original, though. The front marker lights and headlight bezels are original. The rear lights- marker, backup and license plate are new reproductions. The outside mirror is a genuine Talbot Berlin bullet model.
For sale by Owner